Thursday 6 October 2011

Steve Jobs- The Genius of this Decade


It saddened me deeply when I opened up my Mac and this was what I could see...

Steve Jobs, without him, there won't be a vibrant digital design industry today. Today, the impact of his invention is not just for the design industry but also part of everyone's life. And even my 1 year plus niece is Ipad-ing everyday. He literally introduced COLOURS to our lives. I remembered that having a computer with various choices of fonts created so much excitement during the 80s. Back in those days, my dad was a great supporter of Mac. Our first computer at home was a Mac and till today, my dad is still using Mac and always a gadget frontier especially to all those Mac products. Be it Iphone, Ipad, Ipod or I-Whatever...you name it he has them all.

It was such a great lost to our industry that Steve Jobs is no longer with us. I felt as if my MacBook Pro has lost its Father. So sad.

I would like to end my entry today by having a few of my Favourite Steve Jobs' quotes...

“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”

“You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them.

By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”

And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

“I’m as proud of what we don’t do as I am of what we do.”

“It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”

“Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”

“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”

No comments: