Thursday 27 January 2011

Money Vs God

Chinese New Year is a time when family comes together and celebrate a new beginning of the year. Its a reunion. For some, Chinese New Year is a time of spending and also paying all the old debts. Money Money Money as usual.

I had some struggle at work. Client has delayed our payment and so I had to delay payment to suppliers. I can't even pay myself. It was very challenging and the whole time, I am just thinking how to settle this and that.

I couldn't take it one day and was feeling super depressed the whole morning. After a whole day of facing suppliers and answerable to their payment, I came home all down and broken. I cried. Cried and cried. And I couldn't stop. I kept asking God why did He allow all that to happen to me? Why? Why?...The crying couldn't stop and I decided to talk to someone but I don't know who. So I randomly called someone who answered his call unexpectedly.

It truly worked for a while as I was distracted by the conversation and ended the conversation having the both of us laughing. I ended the call with soothing heart and I prayed that night. I told God that I am not gonna think about it anymore and just for Him to take care of the situation for me.

The next morning, I went to work as usual. But I did everything constructively. And managed to work on these bad debts that others are owing. Even though I know they couldn't pay me immediately, I was hopeful. I prayed. True enough pay came in slowly...not a lot but good enough. I just praise Lord for providing without asking. I praise Lord for giving when is needed. He is amazing. AMEN!

No comments: