Monday 30 May 2011

you put crayon to shame....

Last Saturday was my first day teaching in a Children Art School. My class started from 9am till 1pm. It was actually 2 classes which consist of 6-7 students in one class. And their age ranged from 3 to 12 years old.

So during my 2nd class, I was warned by the teachers that it was going to be very challenging as the kids in that class were harder to control. True enough, they were walking around and chatting away. So this little boy whose age around 5 were looking at another girl who was around 4 yrs old drawing. Being 4, she couldn't colour very well as she was still young. And he passed a remark which totally shocked me.

"Teacher Dora, look at her. She totally put Crayon to Shame. She is not doing it right. This is called Crayon Shame!"

I didn't know how to react when I heard that. Don't know whether to laugh or what. But looking at them acting like little adults, I just nodded and smile. Kids these days are simply amazing. I am learning everyday to be patience with people around and it will be a great test to handle difficult kids. I just pray for a patience heart and be gracious to them.

Am looking forward to my next class with them. :)


No comments: